Are You Ready for Peer Coaching?
NATURAL COMMUNICATION STYLE.
Each person has a natural communication style.
Understanding yours can and will impact how effective you are when dealing with friends, co-workers and clients.
This series on Peer Coaching is designed to help you elevate your own performance and your team’s performance. First though, it starts with you. Are you ready to dive in? Are you ready to be vulnerable and trust?
Assess your individual readiness to participate. The person who meets the criteria below is in the best position to coach, be coached and see remarkable results.
1. Sees the need for coaching. Is open to the possibilities that it brings.
2. Able to see how valuable peer accountability is
3. Recognizes it is OK to make mistakes and ask “dumb questions”
4. Flexible and open to learning and open to being supported to think more deeply and perform differently
5. Committed to learning and willing to try new things even if they are uncomfortable.
6. Feels OK about making mistakes in the name of learning
7. Recognizes and accepts vulnerability in themselves and others
If you want help setting up a peer coaching program on your team, visit Learn2.com and speak with a practitioner today.
Author: Tammy Sweeney