Retail Employee Orientation Training Programs
Employees in the US and UK cost an estimated $37 billion every year because they do not fully understand their jobs.
Stop leaving new store associates unsure what to do and how to do it. Store associates begin their role desperate to master their job and do a great job. Most companies throw associates into the deep-end and hope they can swim.
Most orientation programs fail store associates by wasting valuable motivation and excitement without giving associates what they need to be successful. The best orientation programs make associates successful.
How Our Retail Employee Orientation Training Programs Work
Learn2 conducts a comprehensive needs assessment to link your desired outcomes with your required business results and time constraints. We identify the specific behaviors expected of new store associates and the environment where those behaviors get applied.
We search your existing content for practices, job aids & tools then build interactive exercises to ensure store associates actually learn and practice skills and behaviors – before arriving in the store. For truly successful organizations, our simulations can test a new employee’s success on the job before they begin. This allows you to screen based on capability to perform in the store environment saving months of coaching and tens of thousands of wasted investment.
Our Retail Employee Orientation Programs include:
- Optional Screening Exercises – continue screening through the orientation program to ensure new employees match behaviour and skill profile of your retail store
- Interactive photo match – new employees match names with faces at the company to familiarize new hires with the corporate family tree, increasing productivity and helping to avoid embarrassing situations such as the new hire who asks for help with the coffee maker, only to discover later that the “stranger” was their district manager
- Retail Sales Math – learn the difference to your pay check when you sell
- Benefits Calculator – show the true value of company-provided benefits
- Interactive dress code exercise – humorously and effectively demonstrate what is and isn’t appropriate
- Countdown to their first day which builds anticipation
- Maps showing layout and nearby restaurant locations
- Feedback mechanism so new employees start making improvements
- Searchable glossaries of company acronyms, short forms and buzzwords to boost confidence and productivity
- “Help Source” cards with the names, mobiles and emails of pre-designated store managers or district managers for any questions
WHAT YOU GET
YOU WANT OWNERSHIP. SO YOU GET TOOLS FOR YOUR TEAM TO PRACTICE FIXING AND BUILDING WHATEVER THEY OR YOU WANT. AND PRACTICE MAKES PERMANENT. SO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE PERMANENTLY?
PROGRAM IN ACTION