Sell Millions more through Coach Naturally for Retailers
More than 4 out of 5 retail organizations are using coaching more than 2 years ago. Coaching is used nearly as much to improve poor performance (43%) as to build upon good performance (48%). The lack of coaching feedback costs retailers billions every year as retail associates’ and store managers’ skills and behaviors fail to improve. When performance feedback is delivered, 38% of the feedback actually hinders performance.
When looking at the extent to which organisations work on specific agendas most coaching assignments were found to focus on developing skills and competence (67% always and frequently). The focus on improving understanding of business, commercial and financial issues (26% always and frequently) was low. Now understanding business and commercial issues could be priority for HR professionals, yet recent reports show just how low down on the agenda coaching these critical factors actually is, with only 5% of organisations always doing this and 10% never addressing business, commercial and financial issues.
If your store associates’ and store managers’ communications skills, behaviors, attitudes and messages are less than ideal, then your business results will be negatively impacted: productivity wanes, sales decrease, and your store manager’s messages lack impact.
“Speak to others the way they receive information, rather than the way you receive information.” – Doug Bolger, Chief Learning Officer, Learn2
Learn2 offers Coach Naturally for Retail Stores to help retail stores improve results by boost your store managers’ and store associates’ effectiveness to make make more money than ever!
Store managers and/or store associates practice coaching others based on their communication preferences and explore the preferences of the store associates or manager they lead. This allows store managers and associates to fully
internalize how to tailor their coaching to each individual they lead.
We start by making sure everyone remembers to tailor the way they coach to suit the person you are coaching. We practice and apply coaching tools with specific language, asking better quality questions and simple tools to reinforce the coaching behaviors that drive results. Our needs assessment identifies the exercises to target specific coaching skills to develop and address the needs of your retail chain.
Coach Naturally for Retail Stores Program can help your store managers:
- Improve store results immediately
- Identify store associates’ natural communication preferences to improve individual performance
- Practice tools that open performance-focused conversations
- Reduce resistance to talking about performance and improvement
- Experience the value coaching firsthand
Success Stories from Coach Naturally Participants
“Excellent, practical, engaged, relevant.” - Terry Chew, Starbucks
“Interactive, fun, not sitting all day being spoken ‘at”. - Kate Coleman, Area HR Manager, Lowes Canada
“Fabulous facilitators and very concrete theorem results that can implemented immediately.” – Janice Antaya Finlayson, HR VP, Best Buy Canada
Coach Naturally for Retail Stores training program FAQ:
- How long does a Coach Naturally for Retail Stores program last? As little as 1 hour to days. Our intro program is 2-3 hours and many programs are 1 to 2 days. Our Library contains 12+ days of coaching skill development activities. Learn2 designs all experiences to be modular so most can fit your time frame or expand with additional learning and application.
- How many can participate in a Coach Naturally for Retail Stores Program at a time? We’ve run Coach Naturally programs for 150 retail store managers and leaders. All participants engage and can participate and receive the same learning at the same time.
- Some of the Coach Naturally for Retail Stores activities seem, well… wildly different! Are you sure my participants won’t think they are silly? Store managers, district managers, store associates, lawyers, accountants, engineers, executives, IT geeks and Olympic athletes & coaches say no. Different styles of activities and challenges guarantee engagement from different participants so we vary the activities for full engagement.
- What kind of space do we need for Coach Naturally for Retail Stores programs? We tailor to the available space and location. Sometimes bigger rooms are better to allow more room for practice. Avoid boardrooms– as the table dominates the room and allows very little interaction and flexibility.
- Can Coach Naturally for Retail Stores activities accommodate those with disabilities? Yes and accommodation is easily identified as this Learn2 training program achieved results with the Special Olympians, the Deaf Blind Coalition and Paraplegic Association.
- How much do Coach Naturally for Retail Stores programs cost? Investments vary based on length and number of participants. Many clients are shy about sharing their budget, but we will work within your budget to provide you with a program that will meet your needs. A smaller budget may mean there are fewer bells and whistles, but you can still get a big bang for your buck!
Getting started is easy. Just fill out the contact form on this page or call us toll free at 1.877.453.2762 and we will offer you a free assessment of your retail store’s coaching needs.
Are You a Corporate Trainer or Coach?
You can now get certified to deliver Coach Naturally for Retail Stores and the other programs based off Communicate Naturally. This is a cost-effective alternative for rapidly developing store managers, store associates and changing behaviors organization wide. Learn more here.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Members of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) have been approved for 5 re-certification points under Section A3 of the Re-certification Log of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA).