Events & Engagement Coordinator
YOU ARE A SELF-STARTING, QUICK-THINKING, COLLABORATIVE LEADER THAT BRINGS POSITIVE ENERGY AND A KEEN EYE FOR DETAIL TO THIS MULTI-FACETED ROLE.
YOU WILL BE A PRIMARY SUPPORTER AND LEADER FOR 1 TEAM LEADING 2 BRANDS WORKING TOGETHER IN 1 OFFICE – LEARN2 + WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP AND BUSINESS (WILB).
BOTH BRANDS OPERATE WITH THE SAME TEAM OF INDUSTRY LEADERS IN LEARNING, DEVELOPMENT AND ENGAGEMENT. YOU GET TO DEFINE AND REFINE THE PROCESSES TO ENCOURAGE AMAZING EXPERIENCES WITH NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT.
YOUR WILB HAT
You coordinate event operations, venue logistics, sponsor & speaker relations, marketing campaigns & support, and support the CEO. You see the fruits of your effort come to life in real and meaningful ways at our annual conference and the online WILB community.
YOUR LEARN2 HAT
You communicate with clients to coordinate event operations including packing for programs, venue logistics, client & facilitator relations, marketing campaigns & support clients on live chat; produce custom requirements; and overall administration support.
HOW WE WORK
We work together. We collaborate and innovate. We find better ways to achieve results. We avoid reasons – nothing amazing was created from reasons. We ask questions like, “How could we…?” or “Where else has this been solved before?” or “what would it take to…?”. We move quickly. We are fast implementers – and we love to see results when our ideas come to life. We support and promote balance in our lives. We laugh, a lot.
WHERE WE WORK
The Event & Engagement Coordinator works in Etobicoke in our office at 2970 Lake Shore Blvd West. Located on the Lakeshore streetcar line and a bus ride from the Islington TTC station and a bus ride from the Mimico Go Station or streetcar ride from the Long Branch Go Station.
You’ll Want to Be Good At
- Showing accountability and results focus by exceeding standards. You effectively plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret what needs to be done. You own the outcomes.
- Sharing information with others face to face, in writing, and electronically. Communication is key
- Identifying and acting on ways to make things better
- Using available information, solid judgment and instincts to make good decisions
- Guiding others formally and informally by sharing information and feedback to ensure the right work gets done in priority order
- Be comfortable changing direction based on new information
- Solving problems by identifying issues and considering multiple stakeholder perspectives
- Managing your own performance by clarifying expectations, meeting standards, delegating, monitoring and updating performance outcomes, sharing feedback and having courageous conversations to improve outcomes
- Managing projects assigned from start to finish including project planning, effective use of time and resources
- Efficiently and effectively using limited resources of people, time and money
- Thinking strategically by considering organizational objectives, partner and stakeholder perspectives, and short and longer-term needs
- Being comfortable in our world of apps and integrations and be willing to learn new tools. We use Slack, SalesForce, Infusionsoft, EventMobi, Jira, Constant Contact, Slaask, Zapier, Picatic, Uberconference, Hootsuite, Zoom…
You’ll Want to Have
- Experience in a busy team environment where you were the right and left hands for several teams
- Degree in a related field – preferably Events, Adult Education and / or Business
- Success in coordinating and planning events and/or conferences
- Demonstrated diverse project management experience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, and the willingness to learn new approaches
On a Typical Day You May
- Work with sponsors or partners to fulfill sponsor obligations like newsletter submissions, social media posts, conference registrations, or program development
- Connect with clients or speakers to get bios, descriptions, headshots to load onto website
- Ensure outreach is happening and prospecting tracking is up to date
- Coordinate projects by documenting deliverables, providing progress reports and setting priorities
- Pack the production materials for the delivery of a program which may include editing and formatting materials to be printed. (Note, there is a physical labour component, and the coordinator ideally can pack and transport program materials up to 50lbs.)
- Coordinate the details of an off-site event
- Post on social media using the content calendar as a guide
- Identify, share and build out ideas to make our conference, community or programs better
- Test the results of a Facebook ad and tweak to repost
- Set up an event in online registration system
- Attend or conduct presentations
- Attend events out of town and invest evening or weekend hours to be a player in the tourism industry
HOW TO APPLY:
Please show us how you are the right person for the job. You can do all the traditional stuff and send out what you send out to every other employer. Or you can do it differently and stand out. Your choice and we know what we are looking for. In your application please include:
- A cover letter that addresses why you are a great fit
- Your resume
- Demonstrate creativity in your application. Who said a cover letter & resume has to be a softcopy of paper? We love video + infographics! We love applicants who showcase their strengths.
Screening of applications begins November 13 and will be accepted until the position is filled. We conduct pre-employment screening of all candidates. Please send your application to Amy Dano at Amy@Learn2.com. Please merge all documents into one file and rename the file with your name, the position title and the date you are applying.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values each individual.
Job Posting Closes November 20th!